I am going to admit a cold, hard fact. I am not a great yearly resolution maker. I find the process a bit daunting, and my list ends up looking something like this.
The problem isn't that I fear commitment. I love setting goals and having something to work toward. However, saying I am going to spend an entire year sticking to a plan I made during a brief state of euphoria brought on by a two week vacation from work (and all of the stresses that come with daily life) never seems to work for me.
Then I stumbled upon this fill in the blank list on Lauren Conrad's blog (and a similar version on Elle Sees), and really liked the prompts. It got me thinking about what I would like to be different in 2014. So here I am, giving this yearly resolutions thing a shot.
Dipping my toe into the water...
1) Bad habit I am going to break: Sleeping in too late/staying up too late on weekends.
2) A destination I would like to visit: We haven't visited Lake Tahoe in a few years, and I would love to go back.
3) I'm going to work harder at: remaining calm
4) A project I'd like to finish: my album from our summer trip to Europe. I am currently on page 128 (and I started working on this in September).
5) A class I'd like to take: Either photography or Photoshop
6) I'd like to spend more time doing: activities outdoors
7) A food I want to eat more of: My own baking. I used to have a passion for it, but I kind of lost it somewhere.
8) I want to wear more: skirts and dresses. I say this every year, but I never do. Maybe this will be the year.
Do you make resolutions?