Friday, June 26, 2015
I am a creature of habit, which means that I don't really like change. That is probably why I have kept the same blog design for the past four years. It was time for an update, don't ya think? So to go along with my updated blog design, here are some random things that you probably didn't know about me.
1) Learning how to make the perfect egg salad sandwich is on my bucket list. I have had a few really good ones in my life, and I wish I knew what the secret ingredient was that made them so tasty.
2) This blog post about making Six Lists completely changed the way I plan my week.
3) I love to put green olives on my pizza.
4) I have been obsessed with all things Lana Del Rey for about a year now. There is currently no end in sight.
5) I have a blog post from 2012 that I never actually got around to posting, but probably will because I like the content.
6) The blog The Chloe Conspiracy is the blog that made me want to blog. Coincidentally, she was also the first person to ever comment on my blog (not that I was super-excited about it or anything).
7) People that don't use their turn signals are a huge pet peeve of mine.
8) I cannot drive with a coat on. It is way too restricting.
9) I was in accidents twice in my life where I had my two front teeth knocked out. Once in kindergarten and once in high school.
10) One day, I would really like to have a sea horse tank.
11) Nutella and banana crepes are a serious weakness of mine. I have a hard time passing them up when they are are any menu. Our local pizza joint also delivers them, which is SO terrible and wonderful.
12) I love cleaning out my house and purging items that no longer make me joyful or have a specific purpose. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up really spoke to me.
13) I am constantly rewriting popular songs in my head and making them about my dogs.
14) I think that the Thriller scene in 13 Going on 30 is one of the best movie dance scenes ever.
15) I watch Family Guy every night before I go to sleep.
16) My husband and I often have conversations that purely revolve around quotes from Family Guy.
17) I cannot read books about dogs. I just know that it is going to be a heartwarming story about how the quirky yet lovable dog is the central part of a family and is loved for its shenanigans until it inevitably dies, and I just can't handle that. Marley and Me sent me into complete hysterics while I was driving. I had to pull over. I really want to read The Art of Racing in the Rain, but don't know if I can handle it.
18) Whenever Veronica Mars or My So-Called Life reruns are on, I will watch them.
19) The first thing I do when I wake up every morning is give my dogs belly-rubs and get them all hyper before we go on our walk.
20) Petunia the pug is always the last one to go to bed at night and the last one up in the morning (she takes after me).
21) If I had to choose between cheese and chocolate, the answer would always be cheese.
22) I would love to bake my way through one entire cookbook. I tend to shy away from recipes that seem overly complicated or flavors that may not immediately speak to me. I think this would be a great exercise in both learning some patience and discovering new foods. I just need to decide on a cookbook.
23) I brush my teeth in the shower.
24) Aside from reading blogs, I also enjoy watching vlogs on YouTube. A few of my favorite vloggers are here, here, here, here, and here.
25) If I could be any animal for a day, I would like to be a narwhal. If I could be any person for a day, I would be Gwen Stefani. She seems like she would be a lot of fun.