One year ago today, I hit the publish button on my very first post for Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies. Named after three of my favorite things, I was looking for a fun, creative outlet to talk about the topics I was interested in. I had no idea if anyone would actually read it. Then I got my first comment, (it was from Chloe, someone I look up to in the blogging world *swoon*) and my readership started increasing every month. I made new friends and discovered new blogs. I went to a blogger meet-up, wrote some guest posts, and hosted a few giveaways. It was a fun year.
What do I hope to do with the blog in 2012?
1) I really want to take a photography class. I want to learn how to take better pictures (especially since I tend to snap my photos at night without the presence of natural light).
2) I wouldn't mind learning how to use Photoshop Elements as well. I try to play around with it on my own, and I am a complete disaster. I currently use Picnik for my everyday needs, and although I like it, I am hoping to learn how to do more.
3) Some of my favorite posts are the ones that require audience participation. I love hearing from you and reading your responses to the things I talk about. There will definitely be more of this in the future.
4) A few Pinterest projects. I bookmark so many things (you can find me here) for future use. I want to actually try some of them. I love a good idea.
5. I would like to do the occasional outfit post. This was always my goal from the start of the blog, but it just hasn't happened yet. I just don't know how to fit it into my day. I am always running late in the morning, and by the time I get home I feel haggard. My hats off to all of you amazing bloggers that snap a picture every day.
6. More of the same: pictures of the dogs, recipes, book reviews, pictures from my life, garden updates, shopping, style, awkwards and awesomes, funny stuff I find on the web, and other assorted randomness. I love to read and comment on your blogs. I love reading your comments on mine. As I said in #3, the reader interaction is one of my favorite parts of blogging. This wouldn't be fun if it was a one-way conversation.
One more thing. That celebratory slice of Boston Cream Pie above? That recipe will be coming your way tomorrow. You will want to try this cake.